The best way to troubleshoot your Config Manager task sequence is to find detailed information in the SMSTS.log, which logs every task sequence event for OS deployment. Often the error given in the UI is too vague when it comes to finding the root of the issue. Because of the nature of OS deployment, this log changes locations several times during a task sequence. Depending on what stage of OS deployment you’re on, here’s where you can find SMSTS.log:
- Windows PE – before the drive format: x:\windows\temp\smstslog\smsts.log
- Windows PE – after the drive format: x:\smstslog\smsts.log and copied to c:\_SMSTaskSequence\Logs\Smstslog\smsts.log
- Booted to Windows – before SCCM client installed: c:\_SMSTaskSequence\Logs\Smstslog\smsts.log
- Booted to Windows – after SCCM agent installed: c:\windows\ccm\logs\Smstslog\smsts.log
- Task Sequence Complete: c:\windows\ccm\logs\smsts.log
1 thought on “Archive: SMSTS.log locations for SCCM 2012”
question…. Is is same paths now even on 64-bit OS? In previous SCCM, on 64-bit OS the CCM folder was located in the SYSWOW64-folder.
Comments are closed.